Friday, May 14, 2010

Update from Maureen




The other morning I was woken out of a sound sleep with the words "Burn...their...eyes...open". What ? "Burn their eyes open". Then, "With the fire of my love". Woah. "Burn their eyes open with the fire of my love. " I woke Duke up and told him about it. I knew it had to be the Lord. I was just minding my own business (as my friend Suzanne would say), actually I was asleep, and I heard those words as plain as day...words that I had never heard put together in that way before.



As Duke and I talked about it we were reminded of words spoken by our friend Stephen. He said, "Duke, Your plum line is always going to be God's love." That's it. It's more important even than the message the Lord has put on Duke's heart. It precedes the message. Any one who has had a conversation with Duke in the last year knows that the message is "You're my son, and I love you"! (That goes for daughters, too, by the way!) But we realize it's not just about spewing out the message, but about the love of God penetrating into people's hearts. That's what brings about change.



Romans 2:4 says, "Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?"
May I never forget the kindness that God has shown me in bringing me to repentance!

Much Love,
Maureen

1 comment:

  1. Maureen-
    It's so great to hear from you! What a neat word from the Lord!
    "Burn their eyes open" to the love of the Lord! Awesome!
    Love and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete