Monday, May 10, 2010

Update from Jesse



Well, here we are in Springfield, where the sons of God are going to spring up from the fields of harvest. As the waters cover the sea, so the increase of His government will know no end. Saints and sons of the Father are going to spread through out this city like blood through veins, giving life flow to places of darkness. With the joy of the Lord in our bones, we are ambassadors of Christ to this nation, representatives of God to this city. And may the Holy Spirit have dominion as we go about the work He has sent us for. Amen!

There is a general air of excitement over here, as the Lord begins to peel back the veil of fear and break the chains of insecurity. Freedom has been on my mind a lot lately. The glorious freedom of the sons of God, which all the earth is groaning for. And the thing is: I am just starting to know this freedom. I sing about it, thinking of others. But I need it just as much as anyone. More so. The Lord has been illuminating the amount of fear and insecurity there is in my life. And He is beginning to release freedom.

The day after we got here, Papa and our friend Stephen were out in the yard talking. Soon Micah, Stephen and I joined them. We all prayed together, clasping arms as a picture of the joining together of living stones. Friend Stephen asked me if I had a freedom song to sing. I didn't. But I felt like we were supposed to dance. If you know me, you know I'm reserved. Even the fact that I'm writing this blog is amazing. I normally prefer to hide myself from people, both out of fear and selfishness. But the Lord said dance. So we danced. It ended up being kind of a tribal, warfare dance, with clapping and singing and stuff. And it was right in the front yard for all to see. It was a prophetic declaration, not only for us, but for the city, as the Lord is going to be releasing a freedom so profound it will be seen right out in the open, with no shame.







That night we spent some time together in prayer. The Lord released more freedom, specifically for my dad. The word of the night was "uncorked." Well, we're getting uncorked. It's a gradual process, but it's big. I've felt very much corked for at least the last year, kind of wandering around in a desert. Well, thank God for the wellspring that is He beginning to pour out! For me, it began in Kansas City when our new friends John and Sarah prayed for us. When they prayed for me, I cried. I'm not ashamed to say so. I like crying, because it reminds me that my heart still works, and that there is still a receptivity in my spirit. So that was the first wave. And there are many more to come. Right now the desire in my heart is intimacy, relationship. The Lord has revealed to me that I have nurtured an identity in performance, specifically music. If I can't write a song, I feel like a failure. But not anymore. My identity is in Christ and Christ alone. And I long to know him (yada) as I've never known Him before. I have a hunger to be hungry, a thirst to be thirsty, a desire to desire Him.





Freedom! Oh there's such a freedom we've never known. Praise Jesus for the work of the cross! We are seated with Him in the heavenly places, with every spiritual blessing! Oh the riches of His glory, the riches of His grace! Riches! Take a second and ponder over that word. His grace is boundless! Hallelujah! And I am just beginning to know it! All of you have so much going on in your lives I almost feel silly to be writing this. David's in Mexico (Praise Jesus!). Aunt Pat is living the life of a saint. People are working and living and seeing to their calls. Some are suffering. And I pray for healing, and for the love of God to be poured out in a way that is immeasurable, but tangible! Oh thank you Jesus for all of these wonderful people! Forgive me for ever taking you for granted, brothers and sisters. You are a part of me, and I love all of you. May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ grant you grace and peace in this time of changes! God bless all of you.

Love,
your brother Jesse

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's SO exciting to hear and see all that God is doing!
    Jesse, this blog post is amazing. You truly have a gift for communicating!
    Keep-on-keeping-on!
    Our love and prayers follow you all wherever you go!!!
    <3
    BLESSINGS-ABUNDANT BLESSINGS! Pressed down, shaken and over-flowing!!!

    Love in Jesus,
    Lysa Humildad
    And the rest of the family too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff!! I am encouraged to hear of your encouragement and to see and hear God work in your life. I am encouraged to hear someone express what I try to express, and to remind one another, despite our seperation in this world, we are not alone, for many are called, but few are chosen. Jesus loves you big time.
    David Grove

    ReplyDelete