Wednesday, May 26, 2010



Greetings from Springfield Ohio, also known as Champion City, a place where many firsts were birthed. Many more to come! Hi this is Duke. How's everyone doing? I look forward to hearing from you!



"Burn open their eyes with the fire of My love", the Word of the LORD came to Maureen. Oh Lord burn open our eyes with the fire of your love! I was reminded of something the Lord spoke to me almost 15 years ago, when I walked the beach on Whidbey Island; As I was walking, the Lord said, "I'm going to take you to the place of my anointing" I got all excited and said, "Yes Lord take me to this place!" A little bit later He said, "The place of My anointing is My Love!" I would like to say that I am there at this place now, but like the rest of you I am still being processed. I would like to make a confession; first to let you know, I heard the Lord awhile ago say to me, "Just because you see, doesn't mean you be" In other words, sometimes the prophetic gifts of seeing can puff us up and deceive us into thinking that seeing is being. Only to find out that knowledge puffs us up and blinds us, but love, His love builds up and brings life and sight.



Before I was saved, I met such a man who was walking in this anointing of His Love. I was working at Chubby and Tubby's, a crammed ma and pa hardware slash clothes and shoe store on Aurora avenue in north Seattle. One day a big burley looking man came to me and asked me to help him in the shoe department area; even though he smelled of alcohol, he said he was a Christian; I don't know all that was going on but I began to open up to him and confess my frustrations and feelings of hopelessness; he didn't even preach to me; he just listened and at the end of my confession, he simply said, "You give me hope for young people!" In remembering this moment I recall thinking something like this, "What is wrong with this guy, I'm a mess." But after he spoke this, he came up to me and gave me a big bear hug--to this day I don't know if the guy was an angel or a man--but once he hugged me, there was a release of the power of God's love that so touched me and shook me to the core--talk about being messed up. I was so freaked out and shaking that I couldn't function or work; so I went to my boss and said I have to go home. My life was never the same after this encounter. And the guy didn't even bring a message; he was just a man packing the anointing of the Father's love. I so want to walk in that kind of anointing. So as I said I would like to make an honest confession; so here it is. I told the Lord, I am sick of the prophetic; I don't just want to see or hear stuff, I want to be; I want reality here and now. Oh Lord take us and establish us in this place of your Love. Thank you, I feel better now.




Sometimes, we are not aware or are blinded to areas in our own life or heart--especially wounds from the past. First, I would like to say honestly I don't know or can't explain all that is going on within me, but something is happening to me--change and transformation; something deep in His Love. As the Lord has said to me, "You are no longer under the tutor of rejection", He is taking me through a process of stripping me of the old, the past, old ways of thinking, triggers and reactions shaped by years of rejection and woundedness. He is healing me. My co-worker and treasured brother Stephen had been carrying a word in his heart for me ; He said he was pregnant with it and for a couple days was in warfare and intercession with it. When the time was right, he delivered the word. It was a vision of Jesus kissing my heart! So Stephen in obedience to the vision literally kissed my heart. Even now, tears flow. The next day while Chloe was playing the piano and praising, I was thinking about my heart being kissed by Jesus, I realized it is the Mother heart of God--so tender, so sweet, so gentle, so healing. Like a little kid when he gets a scrape or cut, Mama kisses it and makes it all better. "All better now," she would say. Jesus kisses my boo boos and makes them all better!



Thank you for your patience with me. In this process Jesus is taking me through, He is making it clear, I am not to stand or act alone again. Together is a big word these days. Jesus is building His church, people fitted and knitted together in His righteousness (right relationship); In him we are joined together...In him we are built together...to become a beautiful expression of Himself on this earth. I need you and we need each other. Only together will we see the fullness of Himself. This is not normal for me; thank you for supporting my family both in prayer and money; if the Lord is calling you to support us in prayer or bucks an address will be forwarded to you; along with our phone #. Thank you.



Still more. We were directed of the Lord to visit the serpent mound approximately 2 hours from Springfield. The Serpent Mound is an ancient effigy almost 3000 years old. There is still some question and uncertainty as to it's purpose; we walked the grounds, prayed and decreed as the Lord directed. We felt and sensed a great shift in the atmosphere. Jesus is Lord!



Finally, The Lord says, it is imperative as his children that we have fun! He has been pounding this home to me a lot. I know many of you will be shocked, but I met my match. His name is Brock, a two and half year old. When we first arrived in Springfield Rob and Jenny Rue, a family we strongly feel called to connect with, invited us to dinner. They have 4 awesome children; Zach, Lydia, Brock and Rachel, all under 5 years old. I'm telling you Brock at two and half years old is packing with the Spirit of God. Brock and I were in the living room on the floor wrestling around and I started praying in the Spirit with my hands on his chest. Brock immediately returned the favor and aggressively put his hands on my chest and yelled out, "Goochy, Goochy, gwah!" The Lord touched me with such joy, laughter and fun. Goochy, Goochy, gwah is a cry of freedom over Springfield and our lives. And the Lord giving us permission to have fun. So, the Lord has made it clear, I need Brock in my life, not only as my young brothrer, but as reminder that we are Papa's little kids and He desires for us to have fun. Even in the midst of challenges and difficulties, have fun in JESUS name!

Love from D-love your brother Duke

1 comment:

  1. Duke,
    Last week, Jim shared this with us after he had spoken with you on the phone.
    What a wonderful message!
    I bore such strong withness to it! It inspired a post from me on my own blog!
    God is so amazing, loving, awesome, etc. He is working in our lives and it's SO exciting and FUN!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete