Thursday, April 29, 2010





From Redding we drove to Yerington, Nevada; we stayed with treasured friends, Jim and Sherry Roche. They are such awesome gifts to the Body of Christ. A spiritual oasis in the high desert. Our family received timely rest and refreshing. (Is. 35). We stayed with them for 5 days. It was so hard to leave. We also got to spend some time with another treasured friend, Dennie.



All the girls with Sherry




All the boys with Jim







Our friend Dennie



Stephen's new mohawk



We took some great walks and hikes in the desert in 70 plus degree weather. We saw such beauty! I'm in awe of the wonders of His creation. Ethan caught numerous Horny Lizards and we had our first Lizard round up. ( Chloe, Stephen, Ethan and myself chased and finally trapped a collard lizard; it was Ethan's hand that finally grabbed his tail while we removed rocks to catch him. What a beauty!)



A Horny Toad!



A ground squirrel in Wilson Canyon, Nevada



The Great Lizard Roundup!

.


One morning, I woke up to a verse Gen 22:2. (The Lord commanding Abraham to offer up Isaac on the mountain) Later I went for a walk in my green crocks in the desert alone, I wasn't planning to go very far but as I looked up to a high rocky area up in the hills, Holy Spirit reminded me of the verse He spoke earlier. I knew He was asking me like Abraham to go up to the mountain and offer up everything. As I approached the hill, the Lord sent me a butterfly; I stopped; it landed right in front of me a couple feet away and rested. What a wonderful picture and lesson from My Lord. Change, transformation, metamorphosis and release. I can't really explain and to be honest I'm not sure what is all going on, but something is happening to me; something is shedding and I don't know yet what will all look like, but if It's Jesus I want it. As I sat on the hill I did what I believe the Lord asked of me and went down with a skip in my green crock feet and a song of joy in my heart--"Sons of God come forth!"






Wilson Canyon, Nevada



More of Wilson Canyon



Mountains in Nevada



Stephen in Wilson Canyon



We experienced a sad loss, when at midnight on monday the 26th, Leah's cat Patchouli died. We are pretty certain that she died of a spider bite in her mouth. Most likely a brown recluse. Patchouli was always in tight quarters with Leah, Chloe, Maureen and Ethan during these travels; so we are pretty certain Patchouli's death and the death of the spider was a way in which the Lord protected my family from harm. Many of you remember Patchouli and what a loving cat she was. She is with Jesus now.









With the Lord's peace in our heart, we left Yerington tuesday morning. We traveled hard in the face of strong winds of opposition. We endured almost 7 hours of a dust storm while we drove. We had lunch at Lovelock, Nevada and I yelled out Lord unlock your love in Lovelock. The winds were so strong; we wondered if we should continue--but with peace in our heart we moved forward and submitted to our Father who reigns over all winds and all weather. We made it to our destination, Elko; spent the night and left the next morning--destination Rock Springs, Wyoming. We drove all the way through Salt Lake City and Utah. What an amazing and wonderous place. We made it to Rock Springs, adjusted our clocks to mountain time. We arrived to cold weather and snow flurries. We spent today checking out the area--rich in history; wild horses, antelope and surreal landscape. We plan to leave Friday a.m. and try to reach Nebraska by evening.



Lovelock with key






The Salt Lake




The view on the drive through Wyoming




7 hours of dust!



Wild horses in Wyoming!


Your prayers and support are so needed. Protection, safety, Peace within and between family members as we face great change and transition. Thank you! Thank you!

Love D-love Duke

P.S Jesus is reminding me to lighten up and have FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment