Saturday, March 13, 2010

Update from Leah

It's been almost exactly a year since my Dad first went to Ohio. Almost a year since we first started forward on this path. And interestingly, it will be a year to the day when I go to Ohio the last week in March.

It's been a very interesting year: challenging, difficult and tiring, living in a state of transition for an indefinite period of time. But I'm convinced that we are doing what we are called to be doing. I know with out doubt that it's time for us to move on, and that there is a message God is saying with our family that people need to hear. Not just individuals, but a message for the Body of Christ. And it's not just what we say: WE are the message. It's who we are that God is going to use. I have no idea what it's going to look like, what the details are, where we will live, or how it's going to work. So what? God's said it, I believe it. I rest in HIS WORD, and HIS WORD is GO. That's more than enough. My flesh wants concrete evidence, solid plans, step by step coordinates. But you know what... I trust our God. And although it doesn't make sense to my mind, and it's beyond understanding in the World's eyes, I relish the fact that God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. And I am privilidged to be one of those foolish things.

I'm very excited to be going ahead to Ohio for a week, acting as an advance scout for the following company. I'm so looking forward to getting to know Stephen and Jenny personally, and grateful for their willingness to play host. It will be a taste of things to come, and I know that God has something for me during that time, as well as things he wants to do through me while I'm there.

Much love,
Leah

Here are some random pictures of all of us!



Me, Jesse and Micah at Cape Flattery



The house we're living in right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment